Friday, March 16, 2012

First week post-op check-up (and review of the restaurant at the clubhouse at Qualicum Beach Golf Course

Everything looks great. Still on the dry side, but so much better than a week ago. I am now off all the medicated drops and taking the "tears" much less often than I was (about four times a day) I have had some pretty bad dryness about two hours after I fall asleep and she suggested an ointment for nighttime use, so we'll see how that goes. The irritation should continue to decrease and be gone in about a week. In the meantime, my vision has been big time over corrected to compensate for the 40% chance of regression in the next three months, so I am actually a bit near-sighted at the moment, but my eyes are working beautifully together which is a big thing for Lasik on one eye. Overall, I'm pretty happy with the results so far, but also looking forward to even better results down the road! Yay!

Hubby and I had a fabulous lunch at the Qualicum Beach Golf Course afterward. I highly recommend to anyone who drives around the island at all. They had several gluten free options on the menu and their burgers are also gluten free. Let me just tell you that I had the BEST sandwich ever. It was clearly rice bread; I recognized the texture, but it held together better than any rice bread I have ever had before and it had seeds in it. YUM! Again, highly recommend! Clubhouse is beautiful, service was great and the view is just gorgeous!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad your lasik going so well!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, my sweet! Miss and I were just talking about you the other day and how much we want to go back and spend some time with you when we are NOT exhausted!

      Delete