Monday, February 13, 2012

Bach, beauty and Cola?

I take my voice lessons in a small town about 45 minutes away from my small town. It's not much fun in the winter time when the rain is heavy and the wind blows, but on a clear day, like today was, the drive is pure pleasure. As one nears the little town, the mountains on the mainland come into view and the salt water of The Straight of Georgia washes up on the rocks. I am reminded just how blessed we are to live on this beautiful island on Canada's west coast.

Driving home has been especially beautiful the last few weeks. The sun is not quite setting as I leave and the snow on the mountains is pinkish in colour. Last week, there was even a nearly full moon hanging over the mountains. People were pulled over to stare at the beauty. :) This week, I was driving along lost in thought and listening to the B Minor Mass. There is a great quote about not needing medication for depression if one listens to the B Minor Mass, but I can't find it right now. Hmm. Anyway, as I am in my reverie, I am interrupted by the kerplunk of my iPhone which is plugged in and from which Bach is pouring. It's my daughter telling me we are out of Cola. Seriously? There is such beauty and peace in the world and the thirteen year old is after Cola? Well, I guess that's the way of the modern world. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment